Come and Feel Detroit's Irresistible Energy
Download Your Detroit Insider's Map and Guide (PDF)
You’ll Be Dancing in the Streets
Can you hear the voices? Michael Jackson, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas plus many other great talents created the unique Motown sound in Detroit. Plan a stop at the Motown Historic Museum – Hitsville USA, and feel the vibrations of the sound that rocked the music industry.
|Hear the Roar
Hear the cheers and pass the peanuts. Sports fans love The D, and the Tigers, Lions, Pistons and Wings. For many folks, tailgate parties are more in than cocktail parties. Every season offers a ballpark or arena full of professional athletes hitting, passing, dribbling or sending a puck across the ice.
DiningDetroit is the ultimate foodie destination. Don’t believe us? Just ask National Geographic, Travel + Leisure, and Zagat. Think of any type of food, and we have it at our restaurants in Detroit – with a twist. Craving soul food? We’ve got the classics, and a vegan version, too. Food prepared by award-winning chefs? We have more arriving every year. Detroit breweries will fuel your Saturdays and brunch in Detroit will kickstart your Sunday Fundays. And a trip to Detroit wouldn’t be complete without a stop at a Coney Island.
Put on your shopping shoes and head out!
- Downtown Birmingham offers one-of-a-kind stores for apparel, home furnishings, gifts, and toys; and it has an outstanding collection of restaurants and cafes plus movie theatres.
- Somerset Collection in Troy has upscale shopping anchored by Nordstrom, Bonwit Teller, Saks and Macy’s.
- Great Lakes Crossing is the ticket for outlet shopping with nearly 200 stores and eateries in Auburn Hills.
- Funky and edgy Royal Oak and Ferndale is the place for great tastes, artful retail, boutiques, music and movies.
- The Macomb District offers up two major shopping areas: The Mall at Partridge Creek designed with an outdoor vibe and the enclosed multi-level Lakeside Mall.
- Dearborn is the home of The Henry Ford, America’s greatest history attraction; a spectacular array of Middle Eastern restaurants and bakeries plus Fairlane Mall for shopping.
- The Greater Novi area offers Laurel Place for shopping, hip and chic bars and restaurants, golf courses and lush parks. Several communities have charming historic downtown areas for browsing, shopping and dining.