Future Meeting RFP Process
2020 and 2021 CESSE CEO Meeting RFP Process
Submission date has passed.
Proposals will be reviewed and narrowed down to a short list by the CESSE Meetings Management Team during the two weeks immediately following the submission date. Site visits will be scheduled and conducted in late summer/early fall with the goal of making a location decision in November 2018. We cannot conduct site visits prior to the ACCESSE18 conference in July.
If you have any questions about the CESSE CEO Meeting or the bidding process, please contact Liz Swanson, CESSE Meetings Manager, at email@example.com.
Request for Proposals for ACCESSE 2020Submission date has passed.
Proposals will be reviewed and boiled down to a short list by the CESSE Meetings Management Team during the two weeks immediately following the submission date. Site visits will be scheduled and conducted in late summer or fall, with the goal of selecting a destination decision by September 2018.
CESSE uses the following criteria when evaluation and selecting a host destination:
- Direct flights from beltway cities where most CESSE members reside.
- Provided value-added opportunities which complement the learning at the conference, allow attendees to engage with the local scientific and engineering communities, and which foster shared experiences that further develop and reinforce the value of the CESSE network.
- At least meet the concessions outlined in the RFP
- Availability of preferred meeting dates
- Offered room rates under $200.00 US per night
- Use venues (no more than two meeting venues and two hotels) that are within proximity (less than two blocks) to one another, are easy to navigate and provide informal areas where attendees can connect with one another
- Destination costs do not exceed expected revenue
- Demonstrated partnership and good working relationships between the CVB and the hotels
- A variety of restaurants within walking distance of hotel/meeting facility
- Identified potential offsite venues, speakers and experiential learning resources which could be utilized for conference events
- Recently renovated (5 years for hotel and 5-7 years for convention center)
- Offered on-site volunteers to fulfill the roles such directional staff, dine around assistance, coordination of printed rosters, etc.
- Venues that are no more than one hour to/from the airport and offer various means of ground transportation
Please contact Liz Swanson, CESSE Meetings Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have regarding the ACCESSE20 and proposal submission process.