Email Marketing Specialist
The Email Marketing Specialist designs sophisticated, highly dynamic emails for a diverse customer base. This position leads the creation, development, and deployment of all email communications through ASM’s email service provider. This position is responsible for exploring and implementing new email concepts and technologies to help ASM gain efficiencies and optimize how it meets business objectives. This position works closely with members of the integrated marketing team.
- Design and send email communications for ASM products and services in partnership with appropriate marketing and communication team members.
- Develop and execute marketing automation campaigns based on segmentation, user behavior, or customer data.
- Utilize marketing automation advanced functionality to improve user engagement and increase conversions.
- Code emails and links appropriately with Google Analytics, link labels, and more to ensure proper tracking for metrics and automation campaigns.
- Ensure high quality and error free emails by testing all emails for compatibility with web browsers and email clients; ensuring links, images, subject lines and list segments are correct.
- Manage the ASM e-mail communications calendar as a scheduling and tracking tool for the organization and look for ways to improve its effectiveness.
- Track performance of marketing campaigns through measurement and analysis, providing regular reporting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in email marketing, and share best practices across ASM.
- Ensure compliance around permission based marketing and privacy, including GDPR, CASL, and CAN SPAM regulations.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of email best practices.
- Must have demonstrated interest and ability to work with data to inform daily and strategic decisions.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Proven skill in creating effective visual solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other creative software.
- Strong knowledge of marketing automation constructs.
- Experience with digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Keeps current and maintains knowledge of field.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to work with different management styles and personality types.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and pivot priorities based on organizational needs.
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and effectively.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional team members and cross-functional projects to completion.
- Very high energy and positive attitude.
- Maintains a flexible and collaborative work ethic.
- Strong customer/user focus.
Email Marketing Specialist
||American Society For Microbiology
|Posting Start Date:
This is largely a sedentary role and may sit or use PC for long periods of time. Bending, reaching or stooping may be necessary for use of filing cabinets or other office cabinets or office machines. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
10% Travel Domestically
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in designing and deploying campaigns with email marketing platforms and marketing automation.
- Experience with netForum a plus.
- Experience with marketing automation with a preference for experience with Real Magnet.
- Experience in tracking email data, formulating reports and conducting A/B testing.
- Experience in marketing communications environment with a large scientific/health/medical association.
- Experience with a non-profit, preferred.
||This listing expires on: 8/12/2021