Volunteering is a great way to meet other CESSE members, develop leadership experience and abilities and get involved in the organization. You must be a current CESSE member to submit a volunteer application.
Curently there are two volunteer opportunities within CESSE. We'll be adding more volunteer opportunities in late July/early August, so check back often. If you're interested in being considered for the Engagement Task Force or ACCESSE19 Program Committee, please complete and return the volunteer application (found under each opportunity description below) by June 22, 2018.
If you have questions about these volunteer opportunities, please contact Renee Lewis at email@example.com or 248-996-0979.
Volunteer Opportunity: Engagement Task ForceThe Engagement Task Force is responsible for developing and piloting programs, products and activities which allow CESSE members to engage with one another.
Term of service: July 2018 through July 2019
Estimated # of hours: approx. 52-72 hours annually
Committee Member Expectations:
- Actively articipate in at least one workgroup to develop and pilot new initiatives (e.g. Webinars, CESSE Communities, Volunteer Pathways, Awards & Recognition, Shared Interest Group)
- Review and provide feedback on Task Force initiatives
- Participate in conference calls and one face-to-face meeting
The Engagement Task Force conducts monthly conference calls which are each one hour in duration. Additional conference calls are held for each workgroup (approximately 4-6 calls annually). There is one face-to-face meeting at the ACCESSE conference.
To be considered for the Engagement Task Force, submit your volunteer application by June 22, 2018.
The ACCESSE Program Committee is responsible for designing the framework, sessions, activities and other learning experiences for CESSE's annual leadership conference.
Volunteer Opportunity: ACCESSE19 Program Committee
Term of service: July 13, 2018 through July 26, 2019
Estimated # of hours: approx. 80 hours annually
Committee Member Expectations:
- Serve on one workgroup to develop specific aspects of the conference (concurrent sessions, CESSE member events, offsite learning experiences)
- Review and provide feedback on session topics, format and speakers
- Actively organize sessions, activities and learning experiences
- Participate in a video interview which could be used to promote/market the conference
- Promote ACCESSE attendance to co-workers, colleagues etc. via personal contact (e-mail and calls), community messages or social media
- Participate in conference calls, face-to-face meetings and attending the conference as outlined below
The ACCESSE Program Committee conducts monthly conference calls which are each one hour in duration. Additional conference calls are held for each workgroup (usually 6-8 calls annually). There are four face-to-face meetings which Program Committee members are expected to participate in as well.
Program Committee members will be required to obtain the necessary time and financial support from their employer. Financial support includes airfare, hotel and incidental charges as per their organization’s travel policy to attend the following meetings/events:
- ACCESSE18 Transition Meeting - July 13, 2018; Pasadena, CA
- Fall Program Committee Meeting - September 17-19, 2018; Baltimore, MD
- Program Committee Meeting - early January, Washington D.C.
- ACCESSE19 conference and transition meeting - July 23-26, 2019; Baltimore, MD
- Senior execs with a strategic mindset, interdisciplinary understanding of leadership and sensitivity to marketing differentiation and positioning
- Excited by blending the experience and education
- Comfortable working with ambiguity to define a clear connection to STEM society leadership
- Understands the CESSE network and has ideas on how to grow the network
To be considered for the ACCESSE Program Committee, submit your volunteer application by June 22, 2018.