DCBE Partner Spotlight - Tourism Calgary
Tourism Calgary: A Science, Technology and Energy Hub
Connect, engage and inspire meeting attendees in Calgary. Recognized globally for their volunteerism, entrepreneurial spirit and community pride, Calgarians are the ultimate hosts.
A Science, Technology and Energy Hub
- Calgary has the highest proportion of STEM graduates of major Canadian cities. -Census 2016 Statistics Canada
- Highest concentration of engineers and geoscientists in Canada
- Most patents per-capita in Canada
- Alberta has one of the top 3 Artificial Intelligence Centres in Canada
- Calgary has the highest concentration of head offices in Canada
There are a billion reasons to meet in Calgary
Calgary is investing more than one billion dollars into infrastructure for planners hosting their event - between the $500M BMO Centre expansion and hotel development on Stampede Park, the $550M event centre, upgrades to Stephen Avenue, the new Culture & Entertainment District and more – there is a lot to talk about! These upgrades, along with the capacity from the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre, position Calgary to become the largest meeting and convention destination in Western Canada by 2024.
Visit www.visitcalgary.com/meetings to start planning your Calgary event.