CESSE Board of Directors Announces New Officers
- Chair: Arlene A. Pietranton, PhD FASAE of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Rockville, MD
- Vice Chair: C. David Gammel, FASAE, of the Entomological Society of America, Annapolis, MD
- Secretary/Treasurer: Nicole Boston, CAE, of Society of Fire Protection Engineers, Gaithersburg, MD
- Past Chair: David L. Schutt, PhD, of SAE International, Warrendale, PA
Having stepped up from the role of vice chair to lead CESSE as chair, Pietranton shared: “I'm energized by and deeply committed to the changes CESSE is undergoing to ensure it continues indefinitely to be a strong, indispensable and sustainable resource for the community of STEM associations. I'm excited by the work we'll be doing together over the coming year.”
CESSE's Board of Directors comprises four officers, who together make up the Executive Committee, and six directors.
- Robert Chalker – NACE International, Houston, TX
- Beth A Cunningham, PhD, American Association of Physics Teachers, College Park, MD
- Jonathon J Goodwin, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, AOAC International, Rockville, MD
- Catherine A. Leslie, PE, F. ASCE, CAE, Engineers Without Borders USA, Denver, CO
- Todd M. Osman, PhD, Materials Research Society, Warrendale, PA.
The leaders new terms of service began at the adjournment of the recent ACCESSE meeting, held July 22, 2019, in Baltimore, MD.
Ending her term of service is Past Chair, Ellen Bergfeld, PhD, of the Alliance for Crop, Soil & Environmental Scientific Societies in Fitchburg, WI. CESSE is grateful for Bergfeld's valuable contributions and leadership.
As a professional society dedicated to leadership excellence, CESSE's membership comprises chief executive officers and mid- to senior-level staff members of scientific, technology, engineering, and math societies. CESSE provides leadership development through networking, education and the sharing of best practices.
Learn more about CESSE's leaders, work, and goals at www.cesse.org.