A Practical Guide for Association Professionals
Wednesday, April 14 | 12-4 pm ET
Thursday, April 15 | 10 am-2 pm ET
Boost Your Effectiveness as an Association ProfessionalGiven their unique, mission-driven nature and structure, working for an association can be exciting and rewarding - and also challenging and frustrating at times. If you’re looking to improve your effectiveness as an association employee or partner, investing time to deepen your understanding of the composition, legal status, governance structure, and core activities of an association is perhaps the fastest way to achieve your goal.
“Being new to the Association sector, I did not have a lot of basic knowledge about Nonprofit area but this course was very helpful! I now have a basic understanding of the in's and out's of Association life and have more confidence at my job!”
As a result of this virtual training, you will be able to:
- List the unique features of non-profits and associations compared to other types of companies.
- Describe the mission and purpose of your association.
- Describe and analyze the core programs, products, and services of an association.
- Explain the need to find a balance between “margin” and “mission.”
- Explain the volunteer governance structure of an association board and its supporting committees.
- List the types of membership, benefits, and member engagement.
- Describe how local sections and chapters operate.
- Identify effective techniques for supporting and working with volunteers and their committees.
Content developed and generously offered to CESSE members by Association for Materials Protection and Performance
Meet Your Presenter
is an association executive with 19 years of experience in managing and leading mission-driven organizations and currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer for the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB).
“The level of engagement and interaction was great! A good balance of presentation, open discussion, and small group interactions.”
The Association Basics program will be delivered in two 4-hour Zoom sessions. Attendees will participate in breakout rooms and use a workbook to engage and discuss topics with other association professionals.