Future Annual Meeting RFP Process
ACCESSE19 Request for Proposals Process is closed.
The deadline for proposals was Friday, May 26, 2017. Proposals will be reviewed and boiled down to a short list by the CESSE Meetings Management Team consisting of Liz Swanson, Meetings Manager, and Sandy Marshall, Executive Director, during the two weeks immediately following the submission date. Due to ACCESSE17 taking place in July, the two destination site visits will be scheduled and conducted in September (preferred September 11 – 29-time period), with the goal of making an ACCESSE19 location decision in early October.
CESSE uses the following criteria when evaluation and selecting a host destination:
- Multiple daily non-stop flights from beltway cities (Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia) where most CESSE members work and reside.
- Value-added opportunities which complement the learning at the conference, allowing attendees to engage with the local scientific and engineering communities and local corporate community to create experiential learning.
- At least meet the concessions outlined in the RFP.
- Proposed preferred meeting dates (July 23 – 25, 2019).
- Offered room rates under $200.00 US per night.
- Use venues (no more than two meeting venues and two hotels) that are within walking distance (2 blocks or less) to one another, are easy to navigate and provide informal areas where attendees can connect with one another.
- Meeting and destination costs do not exceed expected revenue.
- Demonstrated partnership and good working relationships between the CVB, venues and the hotels.
- A variety of restaurants within walking distance of hotel/meeting facility.
- Identified potential offsite venues, speakers and experiential learning resources and venues which could be utilized for conference events.
- Recently renovated (5 years for hotel and 5-7 years for convention center).
- Offered on-site volunteerism previously provided by CESSE host societies such as room monitors, dine around concierge services, coordination of printed rosters, etc.
- Venues that are no more than a half hour to/from the airport and offer various means of ground transportation